Call for Nominations for the Investment Oversight Committee
Nominations are now open for one new member of the Investment Oversight committee. Interested applicants are required to put their applications in writing and send to the email@example.com by 4pm Friday 1st November 2019 including details of proven experience in the areas outlined below.
Investment Oversight Committee:
Is comprised of the National President, one further Governance Board member and three additional members.
- Is responsible for oversight of the Society’s financial investments, complying with the Investment Policy.
- Is responsible for the acquisition, disposal and development of the commercial property portfolio as authorised and instructed by the Governance Board.
- Shall maintain an investment plan approved by the Governance Board.
- Where appropriate, will seek advice from professional investment consultants and property development consultants before recommending a course of action.
The three additional members shall have a ‘term’ for its members’ consisting of five years with a maximum of two consecutive terms allowed.
Call for Nominations for the Property Maintenance Committee
Nominations are now open for one new member of the Property Maintenance committee. Interested applicants are required to put their applications in writing and send to the firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 1st November 2019 including details of proven experience in the areas outlined below.
The Property Maintenance Committee
- Have as its purpose the maintenance of the Society’s properties to acceptable standards.
- Produce an annual work plan and budget to be approved by the Governance Board and ratified by the AGM.
- Report directly to the Governance Board.
- Consist of one Governance Board member plus between three to five members appointed by the Governance Board
- In all cases work within the constraints of the approved Budget.
- Meet regularly (at least twice a year) to oversee work and reports of any professional property service organisations contracted to manage the property portfolio i.e. property maintenance, letting, collecting rents etc.
- Require a minimum of three of its members to be present to constitute a meeting quorum. Proxy voting is not allowed.
- Appoint a chair annually, who is responsible for ensuring meeting minutes are placed in the official minute book and made available through the official website for members to view within one month of such meeting. Once available, the Governance Board members are to be informed.