International Convention 2015
Videos from the 2015 International Convention
Attending the International Convention is one of the highlights of the year. At the last convention, held from December 31, 2015 to January 5, 2016 there were around 900 people who registered and stayed on the beautiful Adyar Estate in Chennai, India.
The Convention programme was rich with presentations from international speakers, a copy of which can be found here. http://www.ts-adyar.org/
Some of the main speakers were:
- Honourable Mr Justice V. Ramasubramanian, India
- Mr Tim Boyd, International President, Adyar
- Mrs Linda Oliveira, General Secretary, Australia
- Mr José Foglia, Neurologist, TS Uruguay
- Mr Vic Hao Chin, Jr, TS in the Philippines
Live Streaming of Event
The International Convention has for the last two years been streamed live over the Internet allowing anyone to connect to the presentations at the Convention. These are then made available to be viewed at a later date. Below are the presentations which you can view by clicking on the images.
1. Opening of Convention by Mr Tim Boyd on 31 December 2015.
2. Compassion as Radical Living
by Mrs Linda Oliveira, General Secretary, Australia on 31 December 2015.
3. Two Short Lectures – 1 January 2016
Responsibility Transforms – Compassion Transcends by Ms Trân-Thi-Kim-Diêu, Chairman, European Federation, France.
Human Responsibility towards Other Kingdoms by Mr B. D. Tendulkar, India.
4. Annie Besant Lecture – 1 January 2016
Passion, Dispassion and Compassion by Honourable Mr Justice V. Ramasubramanian, India.
5. Two Short Lectures – 2 January 2016
Compassion Starts at Home by Mrs Carol Nicholson, Krotona Bookshop Manager, USA.
Compassion and Reverence for Life by Mr Harihara Raghavan, General Manager, Adyar.
6. SYMPOSIUM – 2 January 2016
Religious Intolerance and Sectarian Violence
Ms Krista Umbjärv, Estonia, Dr Nagan Gowden, India and Mrs Isis Resende, Brazil.
7. Theosophy-Science Lecture – 2 January 2016
Neurophysiology of Compassion by Dr José Foglia, Neurologist, Uruguay.
8. SYMPOSIUM – 3 January 2016
Compassion in Different Spiritual Traditions
Mr Abraham Oron, Israel; Mrs Mirva Jaatinen, Finland; Dr Chittaranjan Satapathy, Vice-President, Adyar (Chair).
9. The Theosophical Order of Service – 3 January 2016
A union of those who love in the service of all that suffers
Mrs Uma Bhattacharyya, India; Mr John Vorstermans, New Zealand; and Mrs Nancy Secrest, USA; with Mr Birendra Bhattacharyya, India (Chair).
10. Public Lecture – 3 January 2016
The Power of Awareness by Mr Vicente Hao Chin, Jr, the Philippines.
11. An Outlook on the Future of the Adyar Estate – 3 January 2016
Mr Tim Boyd, President, Adyar, and Mr Michiel Haas, the Netherlands.
12. Short Lectures – 4 January 2016
Compassion: the sole reason for the existence of The Theosophical Society by Mr Herman C Vermeulen, Leader of the TS Point Loma-Blavatskyhouse and Vice-President, International Theosophy Conferences Inc., the Netherlands.
Karma, Reincarnation and Buddhi-Manas: Forces of Power and Virtue by Dr Eugene Jennings, ULT and President, International Theosophy Conferences Inc., USA.
13. Questions and Answers – 4 January 2016
Mr Tim Boyd, Mrs Linda Oliveira, Dr Eugene Jennings, Mr Herman C. Vermeulen
14. Short Lectures – 4 January 2016
Sustainability and Spirituality by Mr Michiel Haas, the Netherlands.
Unbiased Compassion pours out as Universal Responsibility by Dr L. Nagesh, India.
15. Public Lecture – 4 January
Reversing the Flow: A Conscious Choice by Mr Tim Boyd, International President, Adyar.
16. Closing of Convention