Membership of the Theosophical Society
Application for membership in the Theosophical Society is open to those who are in sympathy with the Three Objects of the Society.
- To form a nucleus of the Universal Brotherhood of Humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or colour.
- To encourage the study of Comparative Religion, Philosophy and Science.
- To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in humanity.
We are a Society which endeavours to establish in this world a reflection of the inner spiritual world. This embodies the ideals of the unity of life and respect for all living beings. We foster an atmosphere of open-minded enquiry into ourselves and our place in nature. We welcome any who wish to join us in this enquiry.
We encourage anyone who is interested in membership to join one of the centres of the Society if there is one nearby. It is also possible to become a member attached to the National Body.
If you choose to join the Theosophical Society you will not be asked to accept any particular teachings or to surrender any of your existing beliefs. This is in keeping with the Society's policy on Freedom of Thought.
- participation in an international organisation with members in some 60 countries of the world and local groups (Branches and Study Centres) in 17 locations in New Zealand
- subscription to TheoSophia, a quarterly magazine
- use of the National Section Library in person or by mail
- an introductory series of letters covering basic Theosophical concepts
- discounts on lectures, workshops, retreats, seminars and other programmes at the National Section
- participation in electronic or postal study and discussion groups
- invitations to special events for members only.
Membership is of two types
- Local group membership in a Branch or,
- National Section membership (includes membership of a Study Centre).
Membership dues vary from place to place, and generally include a reduction for unwaged members.
National Section Membership
Fill out the form below if you are interested in becoming a National Section Member. Annual subscriptions are $30 or $20 unwaged.